- About WCG
- Our Team
- Our Services
- Account Access
- Join WCG
TD Ameritrade Network, January 11th, 2019
Mark Senseman discusses defensive investing strategies ahead of the apparent volatility of 2019.
- The opinions voiced in the video are for general information only and are not intended to provide specific advice or recommendations for any individual. All performance referenced is historical and is no guarantee of future results. All indices are unmanaged and may not be invested into directly. We suggest that you discuss your specific situation with your financial advisor prior to investing.
- The economic forecasts set forth in this material may not develop as predicted and there can be no guarantee that strategies promoted will be successful.
- Investing in stock includes numerous specific risks including: the fluctuation of dividend, loss of principal and potential illiquidity of the investment in a falling market.
- Because of its narrow focus, sector investing will be subject to greater volatility than investing more broadly across many sectors and companies.
- High yield/junk bonds (grade BB or below) are not investment grade securities, and are subject to higher interest rate, credit, and liquidity risks than those graded BBB and above. They generally should be part of a diversified portfolio for sophisticated investors.
- An investment in ETFs involves risks such as not being diversified, price volatility, competitive industry pressure, international political and economic developments, possible trading halts, and index tracking errors.
- International investing involves special risks such as currency fluctuation and political instability and may not be suitable for all investors. These risks are often heightened for investments in emerging markets.
- All investing involves risk including loss of principal. No strategy assures success or protects against loss.